Guide Gate Privacy
Privacy statement The Gate Technologies LLC (hereinafter only referred to as “Guide Gate” or ”we”) takes the protection of your personal data as the Data Controller very seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the provisions of data protection law. This privacy statement informs you about how, to what extent and for what purposes we process the personal data of customers using the Guide Gate website and App. Version No.: 1.0 Date: 10/11/2018
I. SUBJECT OF DATA PROTECTION
II. COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA ON REQUEST
- Registration and execution of the contract
- Data that you provide when setting up an account, such as your name, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, address and data which will be provided depending on the service you use
- We collect, process and use transaction data regarding your activities on the websites (e.g. purchases, content that you generate or that relates to your account)
- Billing and other data you provide for the purchase
- Data collected in the context of reviews, chats and correspondence on the website or by email, fax and post
- Other personal data that we may ask you to provide for special purposes
- If you voluntarily provide us with additional personal data during registration, this data will also be used for the implementation of the usage relationship.
- Contact establishment
If you provide us with personal data for the purpose of contacting us, this data will be used by us as this is necessary for the purpose of the respective communication.
Guide Gate may process and use your personal data for marketing purposes, e.g. to send emails with general information or of an advertising nature (newsletter), on the basis of the declaration of consent you have given us. You can revoke the declarations of consent granted to us in this regard at any time with effect for the future. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these emails from us, please follow the instructions contained in an applicable email you receive from us, which will allow you to opt-out of receiving these types of email communications from us. In addition, you can object to this use – insofar as we use your personal data within the legally permissible framework for e.g. postal marketing measures. In both cases, an email to the following address is sufficient: email@example.com
- Information you provide to Payment Processors
All payments made are processed by a PCI/DSS-compliant (these are payment card industry security standards) payment processing service engaged by us. All information collected by these third-party providers for purposes of processing your payments is not available to us unless you have otherwise provided this in-formation to us in connection with your use of the websites or our products and services.
- Aggregate Information
We may share your information with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
III. DATA PROCESSING TO ENABLE THE USE OF THE WEBSITE
IV. DATA PROCESSING FOR MOBILE APPLICATIONS AND DEVICES
V. DATA COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
- What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a certain webpage. Cookies are then sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used to make our website work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited our website before or whether you are a new visitor. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies served directly by us to your computer or mobile device;
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We may use third party cookies for functionality, perfor-mance/analytics, advertising/tracking and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are session cookies, meaning that they are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are persistent cookies, meaning that they are saved on your computer or mobile device for a fixed period and are not deleted when browser is closed. They can be used by our website to recognize your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
- Enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of and your access to our website;
- Track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with our website;
- Understand the total number of visitors to our Website on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac OS) used by our visitors;
- Monitor the performance of our website and continually improve it;
- Customize and enhance your online experience.
- What types of Cookies do we use?
- How to control or delete Cookies
You have the right to accept or stop cookies from being stored on your device at any time by modifying the settings in your web browser to reflect your cookie preferences. Please be aware that you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the website and/or online courses and content once cookies are disabled. Most browsers offer instructions on how to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
- Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.